Sunday, May 15, 2005

Academic doubts.

So last night i came home around two and started researching about a surrealist filmmaker named Maya Deren (as you may see from my last post). I carried on until around four o'clock in the morning, but found scarce results on the web and eventually just dwindled off to sleep.
I continued research in my sleep: i dreamt i went to ask one of my university teachers about the artist, he gave me some useful information among which was, for example, that all her works were originally in color but are now seen in black and white due to deterioration of materials.
I now have a dilemma. Is it perhaps unprofessional to include facts you learnt while dreaming into your thesis' bibliography? And if not, which criteria should be used for annotation?
Suggestions welcome.
(No, the fact that most or all facts learned during aforementioned dream had no connection whatsoever with reality doesn't bother me in the slightest, but thanks for asking anyway)