Monday, April 12, 2004

I'll Be Seeing You

Veloso sees all the American songs he performs as his own - and the world's - because he, like millions of other listeners, grew up with them. In fact, there are scores more songs he wishes he could have included.

"I could have done 'I'll Be Seeing You' or 'The Very Thought of You' or 'You Go to My Head' or 'I Get a Kick Out of You.'

"The music just goes on."


I'LL BE SEEING YOU
(Irving Kahal / Sammy Fain)

I'll be seeing you in all the old familiar places
That this heart of mine embraces all day through
In that small café, the park across the way
The children's carousel, the chestnut trees, the wishing well

I'll be seeing you in every lovely summer's day
In everything that's light and gay
I'll always think of you that way
I'll find you in the mornin' sun
And when the night is new
I'll be looking at the moon
But I'll be seeing you



Caetano Veloso will be hosting events and performing live at Carnegie Hall throughout the week.