Tuesday, December 02, 2003

..and returning from that thoroughly fascinating blog, which i found extremely informative and did not arouse me in any way, even though there would be nothing wrong about that. Nor would there be anything wrong if any of my readers did, and if it did, my pleasure.
But anyway, had i mentioned anything recently about getting paid by the college?
No?
Ever wondered why?
Well, as explained here, i haven't been paid since September. Last wednesday, while on a bus on the way to Udine, a phone call explained the reasons behind this.

(meanwhile, status.blogspot.com is back up. evaristo.blogspot.com is up but not completely functional. But the aforelinked belledejour-uk.blogspot.com seems to have fallen into the river. Blogger.com, please, make up your mind!)

So i'm on the bus. The phone rings. My brother on the other side tells me "somebody from the office" had just called saying something about my pay.
"Yes," he said, "it seems they've lost all the papers saying you should get paid."
"This is too good to be true." I answered. "Would you mind repeating that to me?"
"Yes," he said, "it seems they've lost all the papers saying you should get paid." (i assume he also copy-pasted it into the receiver)
I broke into laughter.
"Thank you,", i finally said, wiping the tears from my eyes. "Now i know the rest of my day can't possibly get any better than this."