Thursday, January 29, 2004

Just got back from Monfalcone, where i went in desperate need of buying some comic books, after a whole month studying the god-damn Renaissance. Don't know how i resisted this long.

Botticelli, La Primavera, c1482, Galleria Degli Uffizi, Firenze

I've been so far into this stuff, that last night, after eating my piece of chicken, i pulled the wishbone with myself. What did i wish for? Well, having just spent an afternoon studying the different interpretations of Botticelli's so-called Primavera, i told myself that my right hand represented carnal, passional love like the characters (r-l Zephyr, Clori, Flora) on the right side of the painting. My left hand was chosen to represent cultured, platonic love(the three Grazie) pointing heavenwards thanks to Mercury on the far left of the painting.

The right hand won. Hope it brings me good luck for this weekend.

So, as i was saying, i've had enough of Renaissance art.

(PS: Blogger's spell check wanted to replace "passional" with "vaginal". And "Zephyr" with "zipper". Sneaky little freudian spellchecking applet!)